Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Have you ever lost a "friend" (pet)

Yesterday, I came home from ballet as usual and then I went to feed my beta Katherine (named after the girl in D.C.cupcakes:) but i went over and she was "belly up"!! I was sad all afternoon and  was crying a lot:( I know what your thinking "it's just a fish") but Katherine was magnificent and on the weekends when I fed her I would put the food and she would jump put of the tank!!! It was so fun and I will remember the times when I was cleaning the tank she would jump on to the counter (that "little" trouble maker:) Katherine lived for 268 days which in case you didn't know that's along time for fish! I still have my goldfish "mickey mouse" and I named him that from an inside joke! but my goldfish has been living since June, 13 2010 (that is incredible)! But, I will have a special place for Katherine in my heart! tell me in a comment if you have ever lost a "friend".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw thatz sad I have a betta it's name is copalia it's a girl and itz pink it's very pretty I got her in Febuary oh and sorry about your fishy! I felt bad when I lost my pet golfish ecliise after 2 1/2 yearrs it was a good fish sob sob sob

Mary Grace said...

so sad :(

Emma W. said...

Hey Clare,

I lost my goldfish Junior last week. He was 7. Crazy, huh? :) He used to jump out of his tank too. I still have my 9-year-old goldfish Goldie. Junior currently is in the freezer awaiting his fishy funeral.

Clare McKenna said...

OMG! your goldfish was old are you going to get a new one? im planning on getting a different pet a couple hermit crabs:)